Here’s what happened!
- Opening Ceremony
- Global Cancer Control Message
- Late Night Relay Zumba
- TikTok Party
- #GoldTogether Relay PJ Hour
- Survivor / Caregiver Ceremony
- Brunch with Celebrity Chef, Marcus Samuelsson
- Hero of Research
- Campus Leaders discuss Health Equity
- Fight Back Ceremony
- Performance by Rita Wilson
- Luminaria Ceremony
- Closing Ceremony
Don’t forget about the Facebook Fundraising Challenge. We want every Relayer to raise $100 between Friday and Tuesday. Plus the top 10 Facebook Fundraisers win an Apple Watch!
TO THE VOLUNTEERS THAT PUT THIS WEEKEND TOGETHER - THANK YOU
Sunday, May 16
Cup o’Cure Sunday
It’s the day after Relay! Grab morning coffee in your favorite Relay mug or glass and share your favorite photo from Relay Weekend. #RelayForLife.
Facebook Fundraising Challenge
Fund the Future – Connect your Facebook fundraiser through your participant dashboard and raise at least $100 on Facebook between Friday, May 14 & Tuesday, May 18. Plus, the top 10 individuals across the country who raise the most money through a Facebook Fundraiser connected through an ACS Event dashboard between Friday, May 14, at 12:00 a.m. CT and Tuesday, May 18, at 11:59 p.m. CT will win an Apple Watch.
Here are some images to help you fundraise and share this information with others.
Can you participate in 24 activities in 24 hours?
Get ready for National Relay Weekend by preparing for the 24 activity challenge. See all 24 activities below!
Download the National Relay Weekend App (from the Apple App or Google Play store). When logging into the app – the login process uses ACS Village and is not related to your American Cancer Society or Relay For Life logins. Most users will have to sign up and create a new login.
Download and login to the exclusive National Relay Weekend App (available by Apple & Android) by May 18 to win one of 3 available 8th Generation Apple iPads (128 GB) Wi-Fi. See full sweepstakes rules.
6. Login to your Relay Dashboard and update your personal fundraising page story.
7. Make sure you’ve started a Facebook Fundraiser via your Relay Dashboard.
8. Join the Facebook Fundraising Challenge – Raise $100 on Facebook between 5/14-5/18.
9. Light a luminaria. Post it on social media and ask friends to dedicate a luminaria to a loved one.
10. Go to RelayForLife.org/RelayWeekend to see full schedule and activities for National Relay Weekend
11. Download National Relay Weekend app and register/login
16. Let’s get fit! Join a live (11pm CST) or youtube Zumba class
17. It’s party time. Follow American Cancer Society on TikTok and join the party at 12 AM CST!
18. We walk even when its dark: Take a pic of you taking a themed lap while at night!
19. Late Night Movie! Favorite Movie? Favorite Snacks? Purple Snacks? Post a photo of your movie night set up.
20. Share Your Campsite – Submit a photo of your campsite set up at home
21. Minute To Win It – Check out the sample minute to win it game. Post a photo of your group playing one of the games!
22. Bake/Make Something Purple – Submit a photo of a yummy homemade purple treat
23. Virtual Purple Ribbon – Let’s get creative! Paint, draw, or go digital and let’s see your purple ribbon! Post your ribbon photo!
24. Blindfolded Make Over – Let us see you give your Relay Friend or Family Member a makeover! But you have to be blindfolded? Post your photos!
Tools to Help YOU Plan for National Relay Weekend
Share about National Relay Weekend in your community on Social. Use these images and share locally!
Participate in the LUMINARIA CEREMONY!
Create your own luminaria. You can use this document to print a template – cut off the top and bottom – then fold in half. Add a light source in the corner – and you have your luminaria!
JAM with fellow Relayers
What's happening in your community?
Many communities will host something locally (safely) to participate in National Relay Weekend. Share what you are doing on May 14-15 on the Relay Community Group on Facebook and maybe you’ll be highlighted on National Relay Weekend. See below for what other Relay communities will be doing.
Follow & Like Relay For Life on social to participate in National Relay Weekend