Relay For Life Focus: Volunteer Engagement
Plan: Our vision is rebuilding the Relay movement through recruited and engaged fundraisers. Focus will be on leading with mission messages and tailored individual outreach to increase overall number of fundraising participants with a goal of having 60,000 fundraisers by the end of June. [UPDATE} – the 60,000 fundraiser goal was met and we exceeded it. You helped recruit 64,858 fundraisers!
- Utilize a mix of personal phone calls, emails, text messages and Facebook messages
- Drive leadership volunteer engagement (ELT) with outreach efforts
- Overall key conversation points:
- COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on cancer screening rates.
- At the beginning of the pandemic, we saw cancer screening rates decrease by nearly 90% for breast, cervical, colorectal, and lung cancer.
- According to estimates from the National Cancer Institute, over the next decade, we may see about 10,000 preventable cancer deaths from breast and colorectal cancer across the US due to COVID-related screening and treatment delays.
Data as of June 30, 2021.