Relay For Life may look different again, at least for the first half of the year, but the Relay passion is unchanged!
The 2021 Relay season officially kicked off the evening of Feb. 4, World Cancer Day, with a virtual program featuring many dedicated volunteers. It was a fantastic show and we thank everyone who had a hand in it.
The program illustrated the passion of our Relay volunteers and underscored just how important Relay is to the mission of the American Cancer Society.
The event was hosted by Kelly Fryer & Bryan Sherwood, co-leads of the Nationwide Relay Leadership Team, and Cameron Graber, lead of the Nationwide Campus & Youth Engagement Team.
The show featured:
- A message from Kris Kim, the American Cancer Society’s chief operating officer
- Check in with researcher Alpa Patel, PhD, on CPS-3
- Highlight and impact of Global Relay For Life
- Teaser about National Relay Weekend (May 14-15). We will honor survivors, celebrate caregivers, and walk for a cancer-free future. More details to come!
- Look back at 2020
- Message from top fundraisers about pivoting to digital fundraising
- Introduction to Hope Club T-shirts, Grand Club, and All Star incentive items
- Survivor Message
- Closing CTA from volunteer Jeff Ross
Join a Relay! To join a Relay For Life team, visit RelayForLife.org. Through funds donated, time given, or awareness raised, our communities are teaming up to make a difference, whether we’re connecting virtually or sharing space.
Last year may have brought many challenges, but Relayers make the impossible possible. Let’s all be a part of something big in 2021!