2023 Relay Rally Resources
As we launch our 2023 Relay season, we want to ensure that our events fit the needs and feel of our communities. We have four requirements to follow what makes Relay what it is at its core, and we encourage you to utilize the questions and resources here to ensure the greatest impact on your communities and the fight against cancer. This is not all encompassing, but we hope it sparks ideas to add your own local flair!
Celebration of Survivors & Caregivers
- Are you continuously engaging with your survivors throughout the year?
- Are you sharing stories of survivors outside of the event?
- Does every team have at least one survivor registered?
- Do you have a survivor team for those not affiliated with a team to participate?
- Do you have a special activity for caregivers?
- Have you utilized a Voice of Hope?
- How long should the event be?
- Does our schedule make the most sense?
- Have we updated/changed our ceremonies lately?
- Does the luminaria activity leave an impact on participants?
- Are there ways to honor and remember loved ones in a new way?
- Are our entertainers representative of our community?
- Are people leaving before it’s over?
- Is our venue accessible to all?
- What changes should we make?
Marketing and Recruitment
- Do we have enough new teams?
- To whom & in what ways are we advertising?
- How are we talking about and selling our event experience?
- Do we have a communication plan?
- Does participating in the event sound easy or hard?
- How can we improve from last year’s event?
Fundraising Support and Beyond Event Day
- Does everyone understand where the funds go?
- Do teams know about all of the fundraising tools and resources available to them?
- Are we building long-lasting relationships with our team captains and sponsors?
- Where can we connect the dots?
ACS Brand Refresh
For more than 100 years, The American Cancer Society has had a proud legacy of changing the course of cancer. We are preserving that rich history and brand equity while reintroducing the organization with a revitalized modern brand identity and unified voice. Check out our new logo and learn more about this exciting change!
Coming in January: Relay For Life logo, Brand Guidelines, Designs & Templates
Watch and share the portion of the Relay Rally where Marie Daly, Senior Vice President of Community Fundraising, shares information about the new American Cancer Society branding and how this affects Relayers.
MEET OUR NEW NATIONWIDE RELAY FOR LIFE CO-LEAD!
Meet Suzy Lawrence, who is joining Saralyn Lash as the 2023 Nationwide Relay For Life Co-Leads!
A Relay volunteer for more than 25 years, Suzy is excited to build on the energy we’ve experience from having in-person events back! Get to know her a bit more through 20 Questions here!